A Treatise Of Antichrist: The Disputation Of Antichrist Is Propounded, And The First Argument From The Name It Self Discussed ~ By Michael Christopherson (Walpole) Priest 1613 CHAPTER 1 BOOK V
Wherein the Disputation of Antichrist is propounded.
Wherefore that this question may be diligently explicated, nine heads are to be treated of.
First of the name it self of Antichrist.
2. Whether Antichrist be one man or a kind of men.
3. Of the time of his coming and death.
4. Of his proper name.
5. Of what nation he shall be born, & by whom he shall chiefly be received.
6. Where he shall fix his seat.
7. Of his doctrine and manners.
8. Of his miracles.
9. Of his kingdom and wars.
For out of all these, it will most clearly appear, with what impudence the heretics make the Pope Antichrist: to which we will add a Chapter,wherein we will prove, that the Pope is not only not Antichrist, but that he hath in no sort left to be the Bishop and pastor of the whole Church, that nothing may remain not solved of Calvin's objections.